Thursday, February 4, 2010

Upcoming movies

There are so many movies coming out in the next couple of months that I am really looking forwards to!

Starting with this one, which is already out:

In The Loop

I like a really good political satire, and I hear this one is phenomenal. I was going to see it with Josh but evidently I am not trustworthy, because he went to see it without me. Boo! I have to get to Luna while it's still on.

Valentine's Day

This one will be a girls' outing! Ruth is going to get a sitter for Jude (and by sitter I mean that Daddy Trav will be having a boys' night) and it will be AWESOME. Even if the movie is not so good. It's full of actors I like, so it must be OK. And some Bradley Cooper-themed eye candy. (Also, I read that his character is gay.) (Also, I read that maybe this is art imitating life. And everything you read on the internet is true.)

A quick tangent - when did I start liking Julia Roberts? I couldn't stand her circa Runaway Bride, felt entirely apathetic towards her in the Ocean's movies, but by Duplicity I was nuts for her. Come to think of it, Duplicity might have been what turned me around. That movie was great. I've seen it like five times (through the joys of air travel), and I'd watch it again for Clive Owen smirking through his Southern accent.

Gainsbourg poster

French film festival is starting next month! I want to see almost everything showing, but most of all I want to see Gainsbourg, vie héroïque. If Serge didn't epitomise French chic, I don't know who did. (Well. Bardot and Chanel for starters. And right now, Garance Dore is just about the coolest person on the planet.) Anyway, the Gainsbourg biopic looks tres fantastique.

The Men Who Stare At Goats

I think this one is already out in America. I actually read the book last year, but I have a feeling it relates to the film in more or less the same way that Queen Bees and Wannabes did to Mean Girls. Ewan McGregor and George Clooney? That is SO fetch.

Dil Bole Hadippa!

Bollywood Film Festival follows the French one. I don't know anything about the program other than that Dil Bole Hadippa! is the opening night film. It looks cute! I have a big girl crush on Rani, her smile is so infectious. I think this is a Bollywood version of She's The Man, which I haven't seen. (But I have read Twelfth Night, so I think I'm good for source material.) I'm really hoping that the films from last year that I want to see are on the program, like Love Aaj Kal. (That reminds me, I still haven't seen Om Shanti Om. Fail.) (Lots of brackets in this post. Apologies. These will be the last ones, I promise.)

When In Rome

Again, this one is already out in the States. I <3 Kristen Bell, thus I will see this. Even though I hear it's pretty dreadful. Bring on the Veronica Mars movie! I hope there's a lot of this set in Rome. Holiday nostalgia is the best.

Sex and the City 2

If only for Char's adorable family. But really, for much more than that. Fashion! New York! More fashion! I hope there's more Char in this one actually, I feel like she was a bit neglected in the last one.

So that's more or less it til May. After that, who knows? I'm glad I have a cinema concession card, that's for sure. I've more or less mentally spent all of my entertainment budget here.

*****

Watching So You Think You Can Dance: The Infinitely Inferior Australian Version. All the manufactured tension is really getting on my nerves. You're all going home! Just kidding, we just did that to give you a taste of showbiz/to give us a great ad break cliffhanger!

Oh man, the worst bit is that they just split up a husband/wife couple who were both excellent. Why only send one through? Oh right, for TEH DRAMAZ. Stupid. How much of the result of this show is based on raw talent, and how much is based on melodrama?

Changing the channel now, as I end this drivelly post.